Release Notes for Apache Helix 1.0.4
The Apache Helix team would like to announce the release of Apache Helix 1.0.4.
This is the tweenty fifth release under the Apache umbrella, and the tweenty first as a top-level project.
Helix is a generic cluster management framework used for the automatic management of partitioned, replicated and distributed resources hosted on a cluster of nodes.
In this release, Helix provides several performance improvements for rebalance pipeline:
Key Note for Helix Release
View Aggregator Support
The new feature support cross clusters' view aggregation into view cluster to avoid users establish multiple connections to different clusters.
- Fixed size history for Scheduled Workflow tasks (#2036)
- fix bug where generateJobList would iterate until the parallelism is reached #2065
- Fixed website deployment and bump up corresponding dependencies
- Do not proceed with cluster creation if addCluster() fails. (#2068)
- Issue #1970: allow clients to prevent HelixProperty from cloning the ZNRecord #2072
- Fix issue #2117: improve efficiency of ClusterStatusMonitor and PerInstanceResourceMonitor, plus misc code cleanup (#2118)
- support common input for operational input on Maintenance Management API #2055
- MaintenanceManagementService improvement - Allow implementation of OperationInterface to return null #2035
- Allow using passed in connection config when reading cloud config (#2099)
- Replace non-inclusive terms in tutorial.md (#2039)
- [issue-1728] upgrade guava due to cve (#2042)
- upgrade jackson to 22.214.171.124 due to cve (#2043)
- [issue-1727] upgrade to commons-io 2.11.0 due to cve (#2040)
- upgrade snakeyaml to v1.30 due to cve (#2041)
- move to Apache Analytics(Matomo)
- Bump up helix front from 5 to 13 for angular JS.