Release Notes for Apache Helix 0.9.9
The Apache Helix team would like to announce the release of Apache Helix 0.9.9.
This is the twenty-third release under the Apache umbrella, and the nineteenth as a top-level project.
Helix is a generic cluster management framework used for the automatic management of partitioned, replicated and distributed resources hosted on a cluster of nodes.
Key Note for Helix Release
In this release, there are three type of configuration for ZK write limitations:
- jute.maxbuffer: This used to be consistent with jute maxbuffer set for ZkClient. So if your data size is over this value, write is not allowed.
- zk.serializer.znrecord.write.size.limit.bytes: If the ZNode size is larger than the value you set (even after compression), the data will NOT be written to ZK at ZNRecorderSerializer level. Default is 1MB
- zk.serializer.znrecord.auto-compress.threshold.bytes: If the ZNode size is larger than the value you set, compression will be applied for this ZNode.
- Add separate ZK serializer configuration to active ZNRecord compression when size exceeds a threshold. #1901
- Validate data write size limit in ZkClient #1072