Release Notes for Apache Helix 0.8.4
The Apache Helix team would like to announce the release of Apache Helix 0.8.4.
This is the fifteenth release under the Apache umbrella, and the eleventh as a top-level project.
Helix is a generic cluster management framework used for the automatic management of partitioned, replicated and distributed resources hosted on a cluster of nodes.
In this release, Helix provides several performance improvements for rebalance pipeline:
Key Note for Helix Release
Task Framework 2.0
Task Framework 2.0 was fully implemented in 0.8.4 including: pipeline split up from regular pipeline, runtime job DAG supporting, task assignment by producer/consumer mode and zookeeper read/write optimization. Performance improved signification compare to Task Framework 1.0.
- [HELIX-798] HELIX: Implement auto-exit of maintenance mode
- Check maitenanceMode rest api implementation
- [HELIX-792] HELIX: fix typo in WorkflowDataProvider
- [HELIX-794] TASK: Fix double-booking of tasks upon Participant disconnect
- Fix race condition in P2P message handling that can cause long mastership handoff problem.
- Fix race condition for purging jobs immediately after job completes
- [HELIX-808] TASK: Fix double-booking of tasks with task CurrentStates
- [HELIX-810] HELIX: Fix NPE in InstanceMessagesCache
- [HELIX-811] HELIX: Only log relayMsg if it doesn't exist
- [HELIX-793] TASK: Make TaskAssigner honor instance constraints
- [HELIX-795] TASK: Drop tasks upon Participant reconnect
- Batch write support for previous assignment
- [HELIX-801] HELIX: Implement maintenance history for maintenance mode
- [HELIX-805] Implementation on HelixAdmin to check if cluster in maintenance mode
- Add ERROR mapping for displaying in BestPossible and Intemediate assignment.