Release Notes for Apache Helix 0.9.4
The Apache Helix team would like to announce the release of Apache Helix 0.9.4.
This is the eighteenth release under the Apache umbrella, and the eleventh as a top-level project.
Helix is a generic cluster management framework used for the automatic management of partitioned, replicated and distributed resources hosted on a cluster of nodes.
In this release, Helix provides several performance improvements for rebalance pipeline:
Key Note for Helix Release
Critical Bug Fixes and Craftsmanship Improvements
In this release, we fixed several critical bugs in Helix Controller and rebalancers. There are also several fixes for craftsmanship and usability improvements.
- ZooKeeper and ZNode fixes.
- Task Framework fixes for task numAttempts, force-delete of workflows and jobs, proper update of JobContexts, etc.
- Fix a bug in CustomRebalancer's assignment computation.
- Filter out zero-weight instances for partition assignments.
- Fix a NPE in Helix Participant's StateModel.reset().
- Make the metric reservoir's sliding window length configurable.
- Add a new code style file for IntelliJ.
- Fix the typo for the DataPropagationLatencyGuage metric name.