Release Notes for Apache Helix 0.9.0
The Apache Helix team would like to announce the release of Apache Helix 0.9.0.
This is the fifteenth release under the Apache umbrella, and the eleventh as a top-level project.
Helix is a generic cluster management framework used for the automatic management of partitioned, replicated and distributed resources hosted on a cluster of nodes.
In this release, Helix provides several performance improvements for rebalance pipeline:
Key Note for Helix Release
JDK 8 Support
Helix is now on Java 8!
Maven Version Upgrade
It is strongly recommended that you use the latest Maven version to keep things compatible with JDK 8.
- [HELIX-798] HELIX: Implement auto-exit of maintenance mode
- Check maitenanceMode rest api implementation
- Fix faulty logic in BestPossibleExternalViewVerifier
- TASK: Fix bug in delete()
- TASK: Fix possible NPE in getWorkflowId()
- TASK: Fix cleanupQueue() API
- Avoid locking on the cache object when a full refresh is required
- TASK: Add deleteJob namespaced job name support
- TASK: Make isJobQueue backward compatible