Release Notes for Apache Helix 0.6.9
The Apache Helix team would like to announce the release of Apache Helix 0.6.9.
This is the twelfth release under the Apache umbrella, and the eighth as a top-level project.
Helix is a generic cluster management framework used for the automatic management of partitioned, replicated and distributed resources hosted on a cluster of nodes. Helix provides the following features:
- Automatic assignment of resource/partition to nodes
- Node failure detection and recovery
- Dynamic addition of Resources
- Dynamic addition of nodes to the cluster
- Pluggable distributed state machine to manage the state of a resource via state transitions
- Automatic load balancing and throttling of transitions
- [HELIX-669] - Support state transition cancellation.
- [HELIX-668] - Support configurable latency for participant health report.
- [HELIX-659] - Extend Helix to Support Resource with Multiple States.
- [HELIX-654] - Running task rebalance.
- Support Job Level Expiration.
- [HELIX-668] Fix remove context with namespaced job name
- [HELIX-670] Fix typo in Javadoc
- Fix disconnected zkConnection issue.
- Fix Semi-Auto state transition jump to top state when instance just connected back.
- Fix JobQueue ignoring FailedThreshold.
- Record workflow scheduling history in recurrent workflows.
- Add API in StateModelDefinition to get second top states
- Add protective check for ZKHelixAdmin.dropInstance()
- Add protective check for ZooKeeper writing data that is bigger than 1MB