Release Notes for Apache Helix 0.6.7
The Apache Helix team would like to announce the release of Apache Helix 0.6.7.
This is the tenth release under the Apache umbrella, and the sixth as a top-level project.
Helix is a generic cluster management framework used for the automatic management of partitioned, replicated and distributed resources hosted on a cluster of nodes. Helix provides the following features:
- Automatic assignment of resource/partition to nodes
- Node failure detection and recovery
- Dynamic addition of Resources
- Dynamic addition of nodes to the cluster
- Pluggable distributed state machine to manage the state of a resource via state transitions
- Automatic load balancing and throttling of transitions
- [HELIX-649] Fix StateModelDef name is not consistent.
- [HELIX-646] DeleteJob from a recurrent job queue should not throw exception if last scheduled queue not exist.
- [HELIX-645] Fix Task State Model INIT priority number.
- [HELIX-642] Disable the participant instance once it disconnected due to unstable ZK.
- [HELIX-651] Add a method in HelixAdmin to set the InstanceConfig of an existing instance.
- [HELIX-650] Add StateTransitionConfig and Expose API add state transition timeout.
- [HELIX-648] Extend WorkflowConfig and JobConfig to ResourceConfig.
- [HELIX-644] Add accessor method for getting zkSerializer from ZkClient.
- [HELIX-641] Add total message recevied for each instance